Crossville’s recycling milestones
Crossville Inc., domestic porcelain tile manufacturer based in Crossville, Tenn., has diverted a total of 24 million pounds of porcelain from landfills since launching its Tile Take-Back program and TOTO USA recycling partnership. Both initiatives are based on Crossville’s proprietary process for recycling fired porcelain products, including post-consumer materials.
Between both Tile Take-Back and the TOTO USA partnership, Crossville achieved the following in 2012:
* recycled more than 5,550,354 pounds of fired tile produced at the company’s plants that would have previously gone to landfills;
* received and processed more than 60,560 pounds of tile including scraps and post-consumer tile extracted from renovation projects; and
* received and recycled more than 6,669,834 million pounds of scrap porcelain from TOTO.
Since the launch of Tile Take-Back in 2009, the company’s cumulative recycling totals include:
* more than 10 million pounds of fired tile produced at Crossville’s plants;
* 220,000 pounds of scrap and post-consumer tile; and
* 13.7 million pounds of scrap porcelain from TOTO USA.
Tile Take-Back and the TOTO USA partnership are just two of many sustainable practices Crossville maintains companywide. For more information about all such practices, visit crossvilleinc.com/contract/sustainability/practices_and_partnerships.