Highlights of Canadian company Gus* Modern’s new collection at High Point Market
Gus* Modern, the Canadian home furnishings brand, is debuting a new furniture collection at Spring 2015 High Point Market. It features two beds alongside original upholstery and accent designs. The new collection includes the Midway Bed, a clean-lined, modern design that features an upholstered headboard nestled in a stainless-steel perimeter frame. Also launching is the Archive Sofa, a mid-century-inspired box-framed sofa that converts easily into a daybed. Other notable offerings include the Lodge Chair, a contemporary design that updates the traditional leather armchair, and the Hex Ottoman, a bohemian, multi-purpose crash pad.
“Our philosophy has always been to design furniture that we’d want in our own homes”, says David Podsiadlo, partner and lead designer at Gus* Design Group. “Simple, stylish, versatile designs that feel both unique and timeless.”
The Spring 2015 High Point introductions from Gus* Modern include the following:
• Logan Bi-Sectional The Logan Bi-Sectional balances comfort with refined, modern style. The back cushions have a unique, channel-stitch detail that creates a subtle play of light and form. Compartmentalized cushions filled with loose-spun poly help to give the feel and comfort of down while maintaining a clean, crisp shape. Cylindrical stainless-steel legs keep things simple and airy. This sectional is cleverly designed to allow the chaise to be positioned on the left or the right, so it can adapt to any room layout. Constructed with kiln-dried 100-per-cent FSC-certified hardwood.
• Logan Sofa The Logan Sofa balances comfort with refined, modern style. The back cushions have a unique, channel-stitch detail that creates a subtle play of light and form. Compartmentalized cushions filled with loose-spun poly help to give the feel and comfort of down while maintaining a clean, crisp shape. Cylindrical stainless-steel legs keep things simple and airy. Constructed with kiln-dried 100-per-cent FSC-certified hardwood.
• Archive Sofa Sleek and dramatic, the Archive Sofa is a box-framed design with a strong mid-century influence. Walnut-finished, exposed ply on all sides makes it an ideal choice to position in an open-concept space. It features a blind-tufted seat, powdercoated cylindrical steel legs, and exposed brass fittings. The back cushions can be removed to convert the sofa into a daybed. Inner frame is constructed with kiln-dried 100-per-cent FSC-certified hardwood.
• Lodge Chair The Lodge Chair is a contemporary club chair with playful, bent ply arms and a sculptural profile. This unique design is available with fabric or leather upholstery to contrast a walnut-finished exterior frame. The inner frame is constructed with kiln-dried 100-per-cent FSC-certified hardwood.
• Midway Bed The Midway Bed features an upholstered headboard and a stainless-steel perimeter frame. A horizontal channel-stitch detail in the headboard emphasizes the clean, modern lines of this design. The bed includes a compact mattress suspension system that eliminates the need for a box spring. Available in Queen and King sizes.
• Switch Bed The Switch Bed has a split personality. The upholstered headboard has a different stitched pattern on each side and can be easily reversed, allowing you to subtly change the look on a whim. A stainless-steel base contrasts the upholstery and lends a modern aesthetic. The bed includes a sturdy mattress suspension system which eliminates the need for a box spring. Available in Queen and King sizes.
• Hex Ottoman This bohemian pouf ottoman is designed for use as casual seating in living rooms or bedrooms. The Hex features a heavy-duty fabric handle on one side to enable this versatile design to be easily moved to suit your changing needs. The inner fill is made with excess foam and fibre that was upcycled from our upholstery manufacturing process. The hexagonal shape adds geometry to this comfy landing pad.
• Dawson Cube The Dawson Cube is a simple, upholstered accent which can be used as a side table, footrest, or as extra seating. Great for small spaces like entryways or bedrooms.
• Chalet Pillows These pillow designs were inspired by the modern ski chalet, mixing traditional and contemporary textures and patterns. The inner fill is synthetic down, designed for maximum comfort and fullness while maintaining a clean, crisp shape.
Gus* is debuting these new designs at the High Point Furniture Market in North Carolina from Oct. 18-23. The Gus* Modern furniture collection is designed in Canada, and is sold at over 150 furniture retailers in North America, South America, Asia, and Australia.
For more info, visit www.gusmodern.com