New from Graham & Brown: Illusions wallpaper by design star Marcel Wanders
U.K.-based global design leader Graham & Brown has has launched Illusions by Marcel Wanders. This is the second wallpaper collection between Wanders and Graham & Brown, as both continue to push the envelope and their commitment to design.
Says Wanders, “The Illusions collection is an expression of invigorating festivity, and the fantasy and sensuality I seek in my work. With this collection I want to trigger people’s imagination and turn surface wallpaper into a more three-dimensional experience.”
These bold organic, geometric and typographic patterns – six in all – exhibit stunning, regal qualities with a luxurious finish. Extravagant yet delicate, the nine patterns are grouped into five different categories which create their own sense of “illusions” through various surface treatments and visual manipulations.
The half-dozen new patterns:
• BRAILLE CHESTER FLOCK A flocked diamond pattern in which depth and the illusion of light and shadow are achieved through a pixelated surface.
• HEART & TULIP This rhythmic pattern in particular resembles a carved wooden surface, and comes in mahogany, ash and birch.
• DREAMS COME TRUE Embossing techniques are applied to the patterns and is a calligraphic pattern revealing Marcel Wanders’ mission statement: “To create an environment of love, live with passion and make our most exciting dreams come true.”
• FOREST MUSE FLOCK A flocked floral damask in which the optical illusion is reinforced by hidden winged fairies.• WALL FLOWER is composed of geometrical wall tiles with floral accents in which the lotus flower is rendered to give the appearance of a three-dimensional tiled wall.
• WALL FLOWER is composed of geometrical wall tiles with floral accents in which the lotus flower is rendered to give the appearance of a three-dimensional tiled wall.
• WORLD HERITAGE, available in black, blue and gold, is reminiscent of Victorian designs. The Bowler hat, the fountain pen and the playing cards’ suits give it a British twist.
For more info, visit www.grahambrown.com