IIDA opens 6th annual Global Excellence Awards to submissions
The International Interior Design Association (IIDA) has opened the 2015 IIDA Global Excellence Awards and is looking for submissions.This annual design competition honours and outstanding originality and excellence in the creation of international Interior Design/Interior Architecture projects in 14 categories.
“The Global Excellence Awards celebrate design innovation around the world while highlighting international design trends,” said IIDA executive vice president and CEO Cheryl S. Durst. “I have no doubt this year’s submissions will again showcase transformative design that is shaping how people from every corner of the globe live, work, and play.” Submissions for the 2015 IIDA Global Excellence Awards are now being accepted in the following categories:
- Corporate Space Large (1,000 square meters and above)
- Corporate Space Small (under 1,000 square meters)
- Education (elementary/secondary educational facilities, colleges/universities)
- Entertainment (casinos, performing arts centers, sports arenas, theatres)
- Healthcare (hospitals, outpatient clinics, medical facilities)
- Hospitality (lounges, bars)
- Institutional (cultural, government/municipal spaces, libraries, religious spaces)
- Residences – Multi-Family (housing in a building that is designed to house several different families in separate units)
- Residences – Single Family (detached one-family houses)
- Retail (stores, boutiques)
- Showrooms/Exhibition Spaces/Sales Centers
Projects for the Global Excellence Awards will be reviewed by a panel of design professionals:
- Julio Braga, design director/principal, IA Interior Architects, New York Office;
- Federico Delrosso, owner, Federico Delrosso Architects;
- Johannes Lampela, Director of Design, BMW Group Designwords;
- Emanuela Frattini Magnusson, founder & principal, EFM Design;
- Patricia Rotondo, design principal, Chipman Design Architecture.
The deadline for submission is Nov. 20. Judging will take place Dec. 5, with awards being presented on Jan. 23, 2016, during a reception at Maison & Objet in Paris. All winning projects will be featured on the IIDA website. The Best of Competition winner will be selected from the category winners and receive a special presentation award. For questions and more information, please contact Liz Moran, IIDA Design Competitions Manager, at [email protected] or 312.379.5134.