A2DESIGN and SPATIUM to offer joint services in architecture and interior design
The firms A2DESIGN and SPATIUM have joined forces to expand their creativity under the A2DESIGN banner.
Specializing in interior design and architecture, A2DESIGN and SPATIUM have combined their knowledge and talent since October 2016 to offer integrated multidisciplinary services in architecture, landscape architecture, urban design, interior design, communication and brand image. Their fields of expertise cover a wide range of areas, including commercial, corporate, medical, residential (retirement and multi-dwelling complexes), industrial, cultural and various other sectors. Through their personalized client approach, they rank among the top design and architecture firms.
Their Montreal and Laval offices have earned a solid reputation in Quebec over the past quarter century, and will now continue to grow together both locally and internationally. Numerous collaborations on different projects in recent years underscored the two firms’ shared project management vision and work methods. Their merger was the logical next step in their evolution, enabling them to now offer a broad array of related and complementary services.
The client experience, which A2DESIGN aims to ensure is positive and enriching, has been enhanced through guidance at every stage by a team that provides an integrated approach and services. A2DESIGN assures innovative projects that exceed client expectations.
This is the common mission pursued by Faber Cayouette, Chantal Panneton, Céline Gaudreault, Guylaine Breault and Stéphan Grenier. “People are the focus in designing each project, and we create and model their space to meet their needs, effectively shaping the building architecture,” the five partners say.
The two firms’ many achievements include:
- Retirement homes: Le Jazz Phase 3 (Longueuil), Les Marronniers Phase 2 (Lévis), La Roseraie Phase 2 (Sainte-Foy)
- Building 1650 and dental clinic St-Onge (Laprairie)
- Hôtel Rive-Gauche, Phase 2 (Beloeil)
- The Jean Coutu Group head office, workspace design (Varennes)
- Agropur head office, workspace design (Saint-Hubert)
- Lumen head office, workspace design (Laval)
The new A2DESIGN includes multidisciplinary teams of nearly 50 accredited professionals, several of whom have earned awards and distinctions at the regional and national levels.
In February 2017, the firm was among those honoured at the 10th edition of the GRANDS PRIX DU DESIGN, garnering an Award of Distinction in the category Office over 20,000 ft2 for the new Jean Coutu head office in Varennes. The award was presented to SPATIUM/A2DESIGN/GKC Architects. A $190 million, 245,800 ft2 project for 600 employees, the new head office defines their new environment and way of working.
Participating in community life is a core value of the firm’s leaders, and they are active in such fundraising efforts as the Grand défi Pierre Lavoie (1000 km) and the organization Fin à la Faim, among others.
- Faber Cayouette – Design Strategist, Architect, Landscape Architect, Urban Designer, MOAQ, AAPQ and ADUQ.
- Chantal Panneton – General management, APDIQ and IDC certified Interior Designer.
- Céline Gaudreault – Project development, design and production, APDIQ and IDC certified Interior Designer.
- Guylaine Breault – Business development, Workplace Strategist.
- Stéphan Grenier – BIM strategy, technology integration, Architectural Technologist, OTPQ.