Air Canada unveils new Maple Leaf Lounge in Vancouver
Air Canada has unveiled its new Vancouver International Maple Leaf Lounge following an 18-month complete makeover and expansion.
Located directly opposite the priority security lanes for international departures at Air Canada’s trans-Pacific hub, the new expanded lounge is an oasis where eligible customers can rest, refuel or refresh before their international flight in a contemporary environment that celebrates Canadian design, artistry and craftsmanship against the backdrop of beautiful British Columbia.
Designed by Vancouver-based Gustavson Wylie Architects Inc, Air Canada’s International Maple Leaf Lounge at YVR measuring 1,250 square meters with seating capacity for 258 customers offers an elegant space on two levels that showcases contemporary Canadian design and artwork including:
- Artwork by Canadian artists Kendall Kendrick (Vancouver) whose creation celebrates westcoast nature, Nicolas Ruel (Montreal) showcasing overseas travel, and Danielle Roy (Montreal) from her collection titled “A flower – a human being” creating a powerful imagery of urban portraits by uniting people from all walks of life with beautiful flowers.
- Furnishings by Canadian designers Brent Comber (North Vancouver), Birchwood Furniture (Calgary), Nienkamper (Toronto) andMobilier Modern (Montreal).
- A business zone featuring a custom crafted work table, by Live Edge Design of Duncan, BC created with wood salvaged from a maple tree in the Cowichan Valley which had come to the end of its natural life. The wood slabs have gone through an extensive kiln drying process, followed by hand finishing, ensuring this tree will continue to live on in a new incarnation for several decades.
- Hot and cold dining options, including a feature salad by celebrated Vancouver Chef David Hawksworth, a chef’s station for individually prepared dishes, along with wines from Canada and from around the world.
- The business zone is equipped with flat screen desktop computers for customers’ use, and RICOH colour printing and scanning. Complementary wi-fi and conveniently located power sources are available throughout the lounge.
- Spa-inspired shower rooms with rain shower heads, a Samsung TV zone, a VIP room and a quiet zone with reclining lounge seating.
Air Canada offers customers access to 22 Maple Leaf Lounges worldwide including 16 lounges at Canadian airports, and lounges at New York-LaGuardia, New York-Newark, LAX, London Heathrow, Frankfurt and Paris.