Canadian Interiors invites Canadian interior designers and architects to enter the 2018 Best of Canada Awards Competition.
All winners will be published in the Awards issue of Canadian Interiors in July 2018, with the Project of the Year winner featured on the cover of the Awards issue.
The Judges’ Pick winner of the Products category will receive a trip package (incl. flight + hotel) to Paris, France to attend Maison+Objet as a VIP in September, 2018 (prize courtesy of Maison+Objet).
All winners will be invited to receive a special award at a gala event to be held in Toronto in July (details to come).
Projects must have been completed between June, 2016 and June, 2018. The project must be either located in Canada, or an international project where a member of the design team is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Products must be physically prototyped; or if in production must have been launched in the market in the same timeframe as stated above.
Any false representation therein will invalidate the submission and a refund will not be given.
Submissions entered in prior Best of Canada Design Competitions are not eligible.
Anonymity is key. The name of the architecture or design firm must NOT appear on the submission except on the entry form. The project name and location should be identified and MUST match the project name on this submission form.
Each entry must have:
- Description of Project / Product: key features and/or solution to the client’s brief. Maximum of 500 words. Format: Word file;
- Visual Material:
- Photography: minimum six (6), maximum ten (10) high-res .JPG photos (max. file size of 5MB each);
- Floor Plans (Optional): up to three (3) low-res .PDFs of the floorplans (max. file size of 500KB each);
- Video (Optional): a video up to two (2) minutes in length to explain the key concepts of your proposal. To submit the video, first upload it to a YouTube account that does not identify you or your firm by name. Then paste the YouTube link in the video section of the submission form. Please do not include links to any additional audiovisual materials, as they will not be considered.
- Materials / Products Suppliers: key materials/products suppliers credits. Download and complete our Excel form;
- Photographer Name / Credits: Download our fillable PDF form to supply the photographer name/credit for all photos submitted. This information will used in the magazine, if it should win. Format: PDF file;
Entries must be received via the online entry system by 11:59 pm Friday, May 11, 2018.
Late entries will not be accepted. No exceptions permitted.
- Project: $155*
- Product: $130*
*plus applicable taxes
Full payment must be received by the submission deadline. Entries submitted without the appropriate submission fee will not be eligible for judging. All payments are processed online. We accept only Visa and MasterCard.
Notification of Winners
Award winners will be notified after judging takes place in June, 2018.
Conditions of Use
Even if not a winner, by submitting you grant Canadian Interiors the ability to feature the project/product along with all photography in any upcoming issue or online in the digital edition or on the website.
Canadian Interiors and/or the Best of Canada judges reserve the right not to award in any category if projects submitted are deemed without sufficient merit.
Please contact Laura Moffatt, at 416-441-2085 ex. 104 or at email@example.com