May 25 submission deadline for IDC Value of Design Awards
As the national association advocating for the interior design profession in Canada, IDC is announcing the establishment of a new awards program to promote the value of interior design across the country. IDC’s Value of Design Awards will shine a spotlight on Canadian interior designers by providing a forum to showcase the benefits of design thinking: an empathetic, inventive and iterative process focused on the human experience within interior spaces. The Value of Design Awards seek to demonstrate the positive human and business impact of design thinking for the people and companies who hire a professional interior designer.
The Value of Design Awards take into consideration the design process including framing (and re-framing) of the design challenge, the research used to identify deep-seated human needs and business drivers, the inspiration for the resultant design direction, and the steps for implementation towards a realized solution. To be recognized the solution must address a business and/or human challenge and demonstrate how the design provides a benefit to the client’s organization or to the people experiencing the designed space.
- To demonstrate the value inherent in design for the client
- To illustrate the positive impact of design on the users of the spaces
- To collect and publish evidence-based case studies to support the above two goals
- To provide a national platform for Canadian interior design projects within Canada and around the world
- Submitted projects must have one or more IDC member(s) as the lead designer(s)
- IDC Members may enter all categories, including Innovation in Design Thinking category
- IDC Student members may only enter Innovation in Design Thinking category
- Winners will be selected by an independent panel of judges
The final entry deadline for this year’s IDC Value of Design Awards is May 25. Late entries will not be accepted. More information is available via the IDC website, linked here.