RAIC opens call for nominations for 2019 College of Fellows
The Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC) is inviting nominations for the College of Fellows. The College of Fellows of the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC) bestows Fellowship to RAIC members in recognition of outstanding achievement.
Nominate your colleagues and peers for Fellowship in the RAIC. Fellowship is bestowed in recognition of achievements of excellence in architecture based on design excellence represented by past awards; outstanding scholarly contribution represented by research, publications, and education; or distinguished service to the profession or the community.
- Nominations of new Fellows are now welcome to be submitted by e-mail to the Chairman of your Regional Committee for review; hard-copy signatures on letters can be replaced with electronic signatures. Hard-copy nominations will also be accepted. Please refer to the listing of Regional Chairs on the last page of this document.
- Nomination for Fellowship is CONFIDENTIAL AND MUST REMAIN ANONYMOUS. All nominators are required to maintain confidentiality with no direct contact whatsoever between nominators and the nominee related to the nomination.
- The candidate must both be a member in good standing and have been a member of the RAIC for at least five years prior to the nomination as a Fellow.
- Five members (at least one of whom must be a Fellow) are required for each nomination. One of the nominators should be designated as the “primary nominator” and shall ensure all documentation is submitted correctly to the Regional Chair in the region in which the nominee normally resides.
- A nominee must not solicit his or her nomination in any form what so ever. (NOTE: No two nominators may be from the same architectural firm or faculty. A member may only support one nomination in a given year)
- All nominators must be members in good standing of the RAIC and must support only one nominee.
- The primary nominator shall provide a curriculum vitae of the nominee and a 250 word citation, in Word format. Please review the written requirements for the nominee suitable for publication in the Convocation booklet. Samples of previous citations may be viewed on the RAIC website: /sites/default/files/book-of-fellows-2018.pdf
- Each nominator, including the primary nominator, shall write a letter bearing his/her signature (if sent by email, electronic signature is required). This letter is addressed to the RAIC College of Fellows, National Committee and attests “to their intimate knowledge of the good works and the character of their nominee”. The letters must identify and support the category or, if applicable, categories, under which the candidate is nominated. See the writing requirements in the nomination form below.
- Documentation required, submitted electronically
More information about nominations to the College of Fellows is available via the RAIC website, linked here.