ExpoWanted design competition launched by Milan’s DesignWanted
ExpoWanted is the design competition created by DesignWanted, an Italian digital design media based in Milan. Design is democratic, and the value of the competition is to allow anyone with talent to compete and access one of the most prestigious stages in the world: the Milan Design Week.
Students, designers, architects, design studios and companies are invited to the competition, which is already online.
The only discriminating factor will be the quality expressed by the competing projects that will be selected (object of the competition) for how they impact on people’s daily lives, helping to improve our days because they are smart and able to have a positive impact on our habits and activities.
A prestigious and authoritative jury:
- Mirco Pasqualini, Head of Design at Ogilvy (global)
- Sarah Wayne Callies, Hollywood actress, design enthusiast, protagonist of series such as Prison Break and The Walking Dead
- Margriet Vollenberg, Founder at Organisation in Design and Ventura Projects, one of the most influential and visited projects of the Milan design week
- Aleks Tatic, Founder of the homonymous Tatic Designstudio and historical judge of the Red Dot Award
- Fabio Colturri, entrepreneur in the retail world, owner of the Haigō concept store in Milan
- Patrick Abbattista, Founder & CEO at DesignWanted
will have the task to choose 7 of the 10 winners, while 3 will be decreed by public vote on Instagram and on the official website of ExpoWanted.
Criteria such as originality, innovation, usability, aesthetics, sustainability and market potential will be taken into consideration in the selection process
For the 10 winners, a prize in kind worth over 20,000 euros each, the media coverage of the big event and the opportunity to develop the business thanks to:
- Free space at the ExpoWanted stand @Tortona Design District
- A communication campaign with the support of DesignWanted, promoter of the initiative
- The meeting with thousands of professionals from the design industry, including buyers and journalists.
- A location in the heart of Fuorisalone
DesignWanted will bring the winners to the heart of the Fuorisalone, in collaboration with Ventura Projects, within BASE Milano, in the most visited design district: the Tortona Design District.
Tortona District has always been synonymous with fashion and design, a neighbourhood of industrial buildings once destined for factories and now home to numerous ateliers, studios and showrooms. In Milan, the place of creativity par excellence and recognized as such by the international creative community.
More information is available via the official ExpoWanted website, linked here.