HostMilano to feature the latest design developments in the hospitality industry
From bars and pastry shops to restaurants and ice cream parlours, tableware and furniture – the entire HORECA (hotels, restaurants, catering) universe will be meeting up for the 41st edition of HostMilano at Fiera Milano from October 18-22, 2019. The event is expected to draw over 2,100 exhibitors from more than 50 countries and will be ideal vantage point to observe the latest technologies and product innovations up close and discover the trends of a continually evolving world.
Smart Label – Host Innovation Award is a competition program organized by Fiera Milano and HostMilano in partnership with POLI.Design (Milan Polytechnic Consortium) and sponsored by ADI (Italian Association for Industrial Design). A seven-member jury of university professors, professionals and international experts will judge products, services and projects on the basis of efficiency, efficacy, ease of use, innovation and technology. This year, 47 projects from the 214 applications submitted have been shortlisted.
New to HostMilano this year is Design Talks, a program of seven professional seminars aimed at educating architects and trade experts/operators via a user-centric approach with a focus on digital transformation.
Other highlights include:
* Pasticceria di lusso nel mondo by Iginio Massari, led by the celebrate pastry chef himself, comprises cooking demos and talks, seminars and tasting events with 20 of the most important figures in pastry.
* Members of FCSI (Foodservice Consultants Society International) will present the latest developments in the hospitality industry through presentations, workshops and roundtables on an array of topics, spanning from consulting and use of social media tools to new business opportunities in new markets.
* The designer kitchen of the Italian Chefs’ Federation will host a packed program of cooking demonstrations, videos and roundtables.
* Of particular relevance to the interior design industry, a workshop entitled Futurbar – HotelRevolution by Massimo Mussapi will present a manifesto of new hospitality through innovative products and ideologies that redefine concepts of luxury, low-cost, sharing, comfort, empathy and synergy. Tableware, furniture and technology are particular topics of focus.
* The Food Technology Lounge encourages visitors to meet both new and old friends in a space designed to reveal the best food technologies of ANIMA Confindustria Meccanica Varia and EFCEM Italia, while engaging in sessions centred on technical and regulatory updates and insights on market trends.
* Particular trends and developments will be explored in Italian specialties such as bread, panettone, pizza, gelato and coffee through demonstrations and tasting events, exhibitions, seminars, competitions, and educational sessions dedicated to marketing and communications.
HostMilano promises to be a spirited celebration of the food and hospitality industry, all taking place in the architecturally significant Fiera Milano venue on the outskirts of the city in Rho, designed by the venerated Italian husband-and-wife team of Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas. Along with developments in the culinary world, HostMilano promises to unveil exciting new offerings in furniture, lighting and tableware that will be of particular interest to readers of this magazine.