Formica Canada launches its 2022 Living Impressions Collection
Formica Canada launched its latest 2022 Living Impressions Collection, which features organic patterns, modern marbles and new surfaces. The launch adds 14 versatile surfaces to the brand’s repertoire with five additional 180fx patterns, nine Formica Laminate designs and one new texture.
Formica Canada uncovered three leading design trends in its research that inspired the offerings in this new residential collection:
- Light and White: Homeowners continue to gravitate to light and white spaces for a sense of serenity and calm, but with new nuances such as translucent elements.
- Rustic Luxury: This trend evokes a sense of warmth and ease with casual design elements that feature natural texture such as woodgrains or metals that develop a patina over time.
- New Classic: Blending classical and new design, this eclectic trend has broad appeal and fits many design tastes with practical, simple and accessible palettes and materials with just a hint of drama. This often comes to life in clean, white backgrounds with dramatic veining or bold, aged metals.
“Our homes have become so much more than just living space,” said Christelle Locat-Rainville, Marketing director at Formica Canada. “Homeowners are craving simple, minimal spaces that bring them peace and calm, but they also don’t want their homes to feel austere. We’re seeing them seek out materials with natural textures like patina that feel clean while making a statement. And perhaps most importantly, these surfaces need to be maintenance-free and stand up to the rigors of everyday life and multipurpose use. This juxtaposition is something that Formica® Brand products are uniquely suited to answer and these insights strongly influenced our latest collection.”
The five new 180fx patterns include: White Alabaster, Manhattan Marble, Mediterranean Marble, Woodland Marble, and Marbled Gray.
The 2022 Living Impressions Collection adds nine Formica Laminate surfaces that reflect natural materials such as wood and metal:
- Patine Concrete: Features a light gray background with gray mottling effects and a porous visual texture. Though man-made, concrete is created from natural materials with an aging process that creates dynamic colour effects.
- Patine Bronze: Gold, copper, brown and khaki green are blended to create this elegantly mottled design.
- Burnished Coin: Copper, green and gray are fused to create the colours of a burnished copper penny.
- Burnished Iron: Features a combination of blue-black, rust and gray to emulate the look of elegant aged iron.
White Pearl Cascade: This design features white pearl pigments that are applied during the traditional paper-making process. When paired with the new Monolith texture, this contemporary pattern has a subtle sparkle with shimmery ribbons.
Sugar Glass: Inspired by experimental glass-making, this pattern is designed to reflect a translucent blue-gray glass floating in a white sheet of opaque glass.
Smoke Onyx: A translucent pattern with a rich appearance that blends a multitude of colours into a smoky gray palette.
Slate Noir: Rich in texture, this stone’s unique character is enhanced with blacks and grays that blend together to provide a monochromatic contemporary look.
Walnut Butcherblock: This luxurious butcherblock design was created in the popular edge-grain fashion and is constructed with long bonded strips of walnut so each strip runs the full length of a countertop with no end grain seams.
The 2022 Living Impressions collection includes one new texture to enhance these new surface designs and several others within Formica Canada’s existing portfolio:
Monolith (ML): Offers an authentic stone feel combined with a matte visual. This texture features a large-scale flowing pattern with no repetition in a sheet of laminate.