2023 Prototype Exhibition Call for Submissions
The 8th edition of DesignTo’s annual ‘Purpose & Play’ exhibition will run January 16-February 5, 2023, overlapping with the annual city-wide DesignTO Festival, January 20-29, 2023.
Organized in partnership with Umbra, A dozen new prototypes by Canadian designers are shown each year at the Umbra Store during the DesignTO Festival.
‘Purpose & Play’ invites any Canadian designer (living here or abroad) to submit to this open call for submissions, which closes on Friday, August 26, 2022 by 11:59pm ET.
All submissions must include the following:
- A description of the product (max. 150 words) including the following details: title, function, materials, dimensions;
- A short bio on you and/or your creative practice (max. 150 words);
- 2-3 images of the prototype, such as a digital rendering, drawing, or sketch (max. 2MB per image);
- Your contact info (name, email, phone number, mailing address), and website URL and social media handles (if available);
- Signed copy of Umbra’s Design Submission Agreement (in PDF format).
All selected prototypes will also be considered for addition to Umbra’s growing roster of products, to be manufactured, distributed, and sold through the Umbra brand, with royalty.
For more information, visit: https://designto.org/prototype-call/