Weavers Art and the Interior Design Show are calling interior designers, industrial and graphic designers, architects, and artists for rug design submissions to be considered for the Weavers Art new ERA collection. Twelve designs will be selected by a jury and produced as limited edition hand-woven rugs available through Weavers Art exclusively. These designs will be displayed in the exhibition “A New Era: Evolution of Rug Artistry,” presented by Weavers Art at the Interior Design Show, on January 21-24, at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. The rugs will be auctioned off and proceeds will go to charity. Charitable beneficiaries include: Rugmark Foundation (to provide education for rug-making communities) and Dare Arts (providing local art-based programs for at-risk children).
to explore and share the collective talents of Canada’s design community promoting creativity and innovation while contributing to the next generation of artists and designers.
- Entries due Monday August 31, 2009
- Entries to be electronically submitted to email@example.com
- Submissions are to be sent via email in PDF format and are to include:
1. line drawing;
2. colour rendering with the dimensions 16cm x 20cm;
3. Professional bio
- Those designs selected for production may be subject to modifications by Weavers Art for weaving purposes in collaboration with the designer
- Rug designs are the copyright of the designer
- Those rugs produced for the IDS exhibit are the property of Weavers Art
- Weavers Art reserves the right to produce additional rugs according to contractual arrangement between designers and Weavers Art specifying a negotiated fee or royalties as part of the ERA limited edition collection
- The 12 selected designers / artists will be informed on September 14th
For further information please contact: Catherine@weaversart.com