Welcome to the Canadian Interiors Best of Canada Awards competition.
Celebrating 24 years, Canadian Interiors has sponsored an annual national interior design awards program. It is Canada’s only design competition focusing on interior design projects and products without regard to size, budget or location. Submissions are welcome from interior designers, architects, landscape architects, decorators, crafts persons and design students. See details below.
Best of Canada competition deadline EXTENDED to September 9th!
Read the full statement.
Stay healthy, stay safe, and we look forward to seeing your best work entered in the competition!
Questions? Please contact Laura Moffatt, at 416-441-2085 ext. 104 or at [email protected]
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE 2021 CANADIAN INTERIORS BEST OF CANADA
Please watch this space for updates.
February 1, 2021: Competition opens. Click here to submit your entry.
September 9, 2021 @ 11:59 pm: Submission deadline.
All winners will be published in the Awards issue of Canadian Interiors in November, with the Project of the Year winner featured on the cover of the Awards issue.
Projects must have been completed between June, 2019 and August, 2021. The project must be either located in Canada, or an international project where a member of the design team is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Products must be physically prototyped; or if in production must have been launched in the market in the same timeframe as stated above.
Any false representation therein will invalidate the submission and a refund will not be given.
Anonymity is key. The name of the architecture or design firm must NOT appear on the submission except on the entry form. The project name and location should be identified and MUST match the project name on this submission form.
Each entry must have:
- Description of Project / Product: key features and/or solution to the client’s brief. Maximum of 500 words. Format: Word file;
- Visual Material:
- Photography: minimum six (6), maximum ten (10) high-res .JPG photos (max. file size of 5MB each);
- Floor Plans (Optional): up to three (3) low-res .PDFs of the floorplans (max. file size of 500KB each);
- Video (Optional): a video up to two (2) minutes in length to explain the key concepts of your proposal.
- Materials / Products Suppliers: key materials/products suppliers credits. Download and complete our Excel form;
- Photographer Name / Credits: Download our fillable PDF form to supply the photographer name/credit for all photos submitted. This information will used in the magazine, if it should win. Format: PDF file;
Entries must be received via the online entry system by 11:59 pm Thursday, September 9th, 2021.
Late entries will not be accepted. No exceptions permitted.
The submission portal is now open. Click here to submit your entry.
Sign up for our e-newsletter to stay-up-date.
- Project: $155*
- Product: $130*
*plus applicable taxes
- Single Detail
Full payment must be received by the submission deadline. Entries submitted without the appropriate submission fee will not be eligible for judging. All payments are processed online. We accept only Visa and MasterCard.
Notification of Winners
Winners will be kept confidential until the Awards issue is released.
Conditions of Use
Even if not a winner, by submitting you grant Canadian Interiors the ability to feature the project/product along with all photography in any upcoming issue or online in the digital edition or on the website.
Canadian Interiors and/or the Best of Canada judges reserve the right not to award in any category if projects submitted are deemed without sufficient merit.
Please contact Laura Moffatt, at 416-441-2085 ext. 104 or at [email protected]