20th Annual Best of Canada Design Competition
CALLING ALL DESIGNERS!
Get ready for the 20th Best of Canada Competition.
Canadian Interiors’ Best of Canada Design Competition is the country’s only design competition to focus on interior design projects and products without regard to size, budget or location. We welcome submissions from interior designers, architects, interior architects, decorators, and crafts persons.
Online Submission Portal is Now Open!
Submit your entry here!
All winners will be published in the Awards issue of Canadian Interiors in November-December 2017, with the Project of the Year winner featured on the cover of the Awards issue. (The Best of Canada Competition will be showcased in a special supplement of the September-October issue, as well as full Awards coverage in the November-December 2017 issue.)
The Judges’ Pick winner of the Products category will receive free booth space in which to display their winning product at IIDEXCanada. In addition, the Judges’ Pick winner will receive a trip package (incl. flight + hotel) to Paris, France to attend Maison+Objet as a VIP in January, 2018 (prize courtesy of Maison+Objet).
All winners will be invited to receive a special award at a gala event to be held on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 during IIDEXCanada, and receive free admission to the special after party.
Projects must have been completed between June, 2015 and June, 2017. The project must be either located in Canada, or an international project where a member of the design team is a Canadian citizen.
Categories for project submissions include: exhibit/temporary; hospitality; institutional; marketing; office; residential; retail, single detail/design element.
Products must be physically prototyped; or if in production must have been launched in the market in the same timeframe as stated above.
Submissions entered in prior Best of Canada Design Competitions are not eligible.
Anonymity is key. The name of the architecture or design firm must NOT appear on the submission except on the entry form. The project name and location should be identified and MUST match the project name on this submission form.
Each entry must have:
- a one-page description (approx. 500 words) of the project, its key features and/or solution to the client’s brief;
- a second one-page document containing key materials/products suppliers credits. The documents should be formatted as a Word file (.doc or .docx);
- Accompanying visual material should include:
- Required: minimum six (6), maximum ten (10) low-res .JPG photos (max. file size of 500KB each);
- Required: minimum six (6), maximum ten (10) high-res .JPG photos (max. file size of 5MB each);
- Optional: up to three (3) low-res .PDFs of the floorplans (max. file size of 500KB each);
- Optional: a video up to two (2) minutes in length to explain the key concepts of your proposal. To submit the video, first upload it to a YouTube account that does not identify you or your firm by name. Then paste the YouTube link in the video section of the submission form. Please do not include links to any additional audiovisual materials, as they will not be considered.
Entries must be received via the online entry system by 11:59pm Friday, June 9, 2017.
Late entries will not be accepted. No exceptions permitted.
Early bird: deadline 11:59pm Monday, May 1, 2017
- Project: $130*
- Product: $110*
Regular: deadline 11:59pm Friday, June 9, 2017
- Project: $150*
- Product: $125*
*plus applicable taxes
Full payment must be received by the submission deadline. Entries submitted without the appropriate submission fee will not be eligible for judging. All payments are processed online. We accept only Visa and MasterCard.
Notification of Winners
Award winners will be notified after judging takes place in June, 2017.
Conditions of Use
Even if not a winner, by submitting you grant Canadian Interiors and iQ Business Media the ability to feature the project/product in any upcoming print issue; online in the digital edition; or on the website. The submission may be reproduced, in whole or in part, for editorial and promotional purposes.
Canadian Interiors and/or the Best of Canada judges reserve the right not to award in any category if projects submitted are deemed without sufficient merit.
Please contact Laura Moffatt, at 416-441-2085 ex. 104 or at [email protected]