If you think YOU have a great bod, check out Blu Dot’s: The company took home the prestigious Editors Award for “Best Body of Work” at this year’s International Contemporary Furniture Fair in New York. Each year at the ICFF, an international panel of distinguished design editors bestows the Editors Awards, which are considered to be the contemporary furnishings industry’s highest honors. The “Best Body of Work” award acknowledges an exhibitors entire oeuvre.
“To have the editors of the world’s major design magazines recognize Blu Dot is really quite an honor,” says Blu Dot co-founder Maurice Blanks. “In past years, great design companies like Herman Miller, Kartell, Magis, Bulthaup and Droog have won this award, and we are obviously very proud to be a part of that group.”
At ICFF this year, Blu Dot introduced a variety of new products, in categories including lighting, seating and home office. Highlights of the new introductions include:
– Rook – a dramatically proportioned, wood table lamp;
– Diplomat – an innovative and attractive sleeper sofa;
– Scoop – an elegant, stylish task chair;
– Cant – a space-saving, apartment-friendly desk;
– Toro – an eye-catching lounge chair made of a wood frame and a thick, leather sling.