Keilhauer Named as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers
Keilhauer has been recognized by the Canada’s Top 100 Employers project as one of the Greenest Employers for 2022. This marks the eighth consecutive year and the ninth year overall that the company has accepted this award.
Now in its 15th year, Canada’s Greenest Employers is an editorial competition that recognizes employers that are leading the country in creating a culture of environmental awareness in their organizations and have developed and implemented exceptional sustainability initiatives.
“At Keilhauer, we have considered ourselves to be design activists and sustainability pioneers since the very beginning,” says Mike Keilhauer, president. “As always, we are honoured to be recognized with this prestigious award, and we continue to be committed to constantly improving our sustainability practices and initiatives.”
Each employer is evaluated by the editors of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in terms of: (1) the unique environmental initiatives and programs they have developed; (2) the extent to which they have been successful in reducing the organization’s own environmental footprint; (3) the degree to which their employees are involved in these programs and whether they contribute any unique skills; and (4) the extent to which these initiatives have become linked to the employer’s public identity, attracting new employees and clients to the organization.
Some accomplishments that earned Keilhauer recognition as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers include:
- Between 2020 and 2021, Keilhauer recycled over 20,000 lbs. of textile scraps, and donated another 16,000 lbs. of textiles and leather to local charities and community groups.
- Launched Swurve, the world’s first carbon neutral office chair
- Swurve became certified by Carbonfund.org to be carbon neutral under their Carbonfree® product registration
- Launched Epix, a 100% recyclable furniture collection made from pure materials such as PET felt, aluminum and polypropylene plastic
- All programs follow the corporate goal of closed-loop manufacturing
- Ongoing programs to track resource and energy use including water, air (addressing greenhouse gas emissions and indoor air quality), energy, and waste management
For more information on Keilhauer’s sustainability program, visit: https://keilhauer.com/planet-keilhauer/